Find More Fun Things to Do at Tanners on Our Festival Days
From our Farm Market to our Back 40 to our Bakery and Cafe, Tanners Orchard offers several fun activities for the entire family. But did you know that there are certain days we have even more attractions than usual? That’s right, on Saturdays and Sundays (as well as Labor Day and Columbus Day Weekend), we host what are called “Festival Days.” During this time, we offer all of our traditional activities and a few more that only appear on these special occasions.
A number of our Festival Day attractions can be found in our Back 40. Some fan-favorites are our:
- Jumping Jack Pad
- Grain Train Rides
- Pony Rides (80 lb. weight limit)
- Barrel Train Rides (100 lb. weight limit)
- Face Painting (available for ages three and older)
On Festival Days, we also have covered wagons running out to our U-Pick. All wagon rides are straw-free, so those that have allergies can also participate.
Along with what we offer in our Back 40 and U-Pick, you’ll also find a wealth of fresh farm food in our Old Market Eatery and Snack Shack.
- Old Market Eatery – Located across from our Farm Market, our Old Market Eatery is open from 11 am to 5 pm on Festival Days only. The menu features several ribeye, pork chop or chicken breast grilled sandwiches. You can also find cider brats and hot dogs here.
- Snack Shack – Where our Old Market Eatery is the place to go when you are craving a full meal, our Snack Shack is for when you need to snag something quick. At this attraction, we have all your favorite concession-style foods: popcorn, kettle corn, snow cones, jumbo pretzels, lemonade shake-ups, nachos and cheese. In addition to these items, we also have a few unique to Tanners, including our turkey legs, spicy black bean burger and apple dazzle. All of these delicious snacks are available behind our Farm Market from 10 am to 5 pm on Festival Days only.
Join Us for a Day of Unforgettable Activities
Festival Days are the perfect excuse to get out of the house and enjoy some time outdoors with friends and family. To learn more about the activities and attractions available on these days, call us at (309) 493-5442. Our farm is located at 740 State Route 40, Speer, IL 61479, and we operate from August to November.