Goats and llamas really enjoy it when you come visit them! Watch the goats climb the Billy Goat Bridge to the roof of another building and into their Billy Goat Tree House. Leave plenty of time to enjoy our chickens and rabbits!
Fun Facts About Goats
- Goats use straw to scratch their backs.
- Goats are extremely picky about what they eat.
- Goats are great swimmers.
- A goat makes an estimated 40,000 to 60,000 jaw movements per day.
- An average goat will consume 490 pounds of hay during a typical 90-day winter.
Fun Facts About Rabbits
- A rabbit's teeth never stop growing.
- Rabbits can purr similar to a cat.
- A 4-pound rabbit will drink as much water as a 20-pound dog.
- Rabbits can jump 36" and higher.
- A group of rabbits is called a herd.
Fun Facts About Llamas
- Llamas are members of the camel family.
- Llamas are smart and easy to train.
- Llamas live to be about 20 years old.
- Llamas don't bite. They spit when they're agitated, but that's mostly at each other.
- Llamas are highly sociable herd animals and need the companionship of other llamas or pack animals.
Fun Facts About Chickens
- With 25 billion chickens in the world, there are more of them than any other bird species.
- A healthy chicken lays about 265 eggs each year.
- Chickens are related to the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Chickens will be less nervous if you walk backwards when entering the coop.
- Chickens have full color vision.
- Chickens cluck after they lay an egg.