Where fun and learning grow side by side!!!
Our goal is to help children have fun while learning about the apple trees, gourds, pumpkins and other fruits and vegetables grown here at our farm. Time slots for school tours are between 9:20 am and 12:15 pm with a maximum of 45 people per slot.
School tours Include:
- Tractor-drawn wagon ride
- An interactive, hands-on presentation of the fruits & vegetables grown at Tanners Orchard
- Apple tree information – from planting and removing to pollination and picking
- One apple per person, or one gourd based on availability
- Walking tour of apple sorting/ packing areas, apple cider press and large cold storage
- Apple cider donut and apple cider sample
- Animal petting area and our unique playground
The cost of the tour is $7 per participant. We do require a $75 deposit for school tours to be paid at the time of booking.
*School tours are not available on Festival Days.
Scheduled private adult tours are also available for $7 per participant. These will be scheduled on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at either 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm in September and October. Advance reservations are required and the minimum tour fee is $75. Please call the orchard at (309) 493-5442 to schedule your adult tour today!
- Parents remember – your children are visiting a working farm in the country so they may get dirty, as may teachers and parents
- Long pants are recommended along with play clothes and tennis shoes
- Please do not wear open-toed shoes or flip-flops!!!
We have lots of picnic tables for you to enjoy your lunches. Most tables are under canopy protection. Lunch is available to be purchased for students, parents and teachers. Please call for information. There is a special parking area for school buses to keep the children away from our regular parking area.
*Please use the reservation link to schedule all school tours. Our tour slots fill up quickly once school starts!