Enjoy Your Weekend at the Choice Apple Orchard of the Quad Cities
The hustle and bustle of city life can wear on anybody. Now and again, it’s good to escape your monotonous routine and get a breath of fresh air in rural Illinois. And if you aren’t sure where to go, take a trip to the apple orchard Quad Cities residents frequent: Tanners Orchard. You, your family and friends can have the perfect weekend getaway picking apples, eating treats and riding tractors.
The legacy of the Tanner family dates back to the 1800s, where we first started growing apples in Switzerland. In 1906 our family decided to pick up their lives and start anew in America. From there they began an apple farm and eventually moved to a spot outside Speer, Illinois in 19d47, where we operate our orchard to this day.
Treat Your Senses
The enjoyment you get from visiting an apple orchard is sure to delight all your senses. Taste, touch, smell, sight and sound are all in for a treat when you spend your day at Tanners.
- Taste – There’s nothing like biting into an apple fresh off the tree. Being free of all chemicals and preservatives, you get the purest taste there is.
- Touch – The best season to visit an apple farm is during the fall when the crisp autumn air blows through. You’ll feel at ease while touring our orchard.
- Smell – Visit our Farm Market and Bakery and take in all the wonderful smells of the treats we’re making. Such treats include apple donuts, apple jelly, apple pie and much more.
- Sight – The autumn time also means the leaves are changing colors. It’s hard to find a more beautiful site than rows of apple trees transitioning from green to orange.
- Sound – Sometimes it’s not about what you hear, but what you don’t hear. Tanners Orchard is far away from the loud sounds of the city, allowing you to be at peace.
A Full Day at Tanners
Tanners Orchard can supply a day of fun and activities for young and old alike. When visiting the favorite apple orchard of the Quad Cities, there’s plenty to see and do. Moreover, you can book space for birthday parties or family reunions, or spend the day walking our orchard with a significant other. What you can expect from Tanners includes:
- Corn Maze
- Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Back 40 Fun Acres
- Putt-Putt Golf
- Café and Eateries
- Covered Wagon Tours
- And Much More
Treat Yourself with Tanners
No other apple orchard near the Quad Cities offers the same fun and excitement for the whole family that Tanners Orchard can. Contact us today at (309) 493-5442. Also, we are located at 740 State Route 40, Speer, IL 61479.